Each individual user can control their own safety settings that best fits their workflow.
- Deduplication: Stops messages from going out to new contacts who already exist in a sequence. Adjustable threshold settings determine whether to mark the new contact as a duplicate or not, depending on the status of the existing contact.
- Account Throttling: The total number of contacts that can be actively reached out to at a company.
- Account Replies: Replies from a contact will stop messaging to all other contacts in the replied contact's domain.
- Blacklist: Personal blacklist that prevents messages being sent to specific domains or emails.
Team wide safety settings can be controlled by a manager or owner. Settings apply to all team members.
- Deduplication: Stops messages from sending out to new contacts who already exist in a teammate's sequence.
- Deduplication Scope: Adjust deduplication to work across your entire team or have deduplication work only across groups.
- Blacklist: A teamwide blacklist that can be used to prevent messaging competitors or existing customers.
- Account Ownership: Account ownership prevents team members from messaging an account that is owned by another team member.
For larger and segmented teams, groups enables customers to create private teams within a broader account. This keeps teams organized and operating together while still giving managers and owners global access to reporting.